Friday, March 7, 2008

Has it ever taken you 3 days to put together a piece of furniture?

I ask only because it took me THREE DAYS to put together this bookshelf. My new place is a mess - I've been moving in for three weeks - and we still haven't slept there yet. It's tiring.

Anyway, the living room is full of about 5 boxes of books. I had to put the bookshelf together to finish putting things away so I wasn't tripping over them. It was fun finding a spot on the floor to do it.... with all the boxes everywhere, I had to block the front door (the only way in and out, the back door is blocked by other boxes!! Hope I don't have a fire....) because the thing is taller than I am. Boy, that was fun to step over!!

Anyway, here's a photo of the bookshelf that took three days to put together. Sorry it's bad - it came from my phone.




As far as putting together the rest of the house - the bathroom was first. OK so I'm strange - but I wanted ONE nice room in the house, and the bathroom is the easiest. It helps me to know that eventually, the rest of the house will be nice too. I took more photos with my phone, but it doesn't have a flash and I took the pictures at midnight in a dark house. I'll take the other camera over and take some better pictures.

0 comments: