Saturday, December 22, 2007

Micro$oft sucks

OK I love the XBOX 360 but to be honest it's a big paperweight. I'm packing up my console AGAIN. This will be the THIRD TIME I have sent it for repairs. I told them they better get it right this time or send me a brand new machine.

I went through the ring of death twice. The first time we sent in a ROD console, they sent us a new console back. Well, maybe not new, but not our serial number was not the same as the one we got. Oh well.

The second time happened less than 6 months later. We were having freezes all the time, automatic resets, but we seemed to be able to keep going just fine. So we get our 2nd ROD. I don't have the time or the patience to deal with it - so I wait until we've moved and have time to take care of it. So it's been in storage since around September. I sent it in, and got it back in 2 weeks. Odd it seems... but whatever.

OK so I find some time to pull it out of the box. It came on Wednesday and so I plugged it in today since it was the weekend and time to get ready for Christmas. So I go hook it up to the TV to test it, and make sure it works. I get some weird error... "To play this disc, please put it in an xbox 360 console."

Well, it's a 360 game alright. And it's going into a 360 machine. So what's the problem? Maybe the disc. Try another game disc. Nope. Try another. Nope. Try all of my 360 games... none of them play and I get that error.

So I go to M$ website and try to figure out how to fix this. The only remotely close thing I could come up with tried to tell me it was because of the date and time. OK so I go to fix the date and time and it still doesn't work. The website gives me no other troubleshooting steps.

OK so I am having a meltdown, because it looks like I will have to send my console in YET AGAIN!!!! I'm fuming at this point, since it seems to have been returned to me UNREPAIRED.

So I called, wasted about 1/2 hour of my time. I knew it needed to be sent back, I just had to get them to send me a mailing label in email. Only this time I have to send back my power supply. My guess is they want to recreate the problem. I told them not to bother sending it back to me if they haven't checked all the problems and make sure it works before sending it back. Next time, they are sending me a NEW CONSOLE!! Three times? Give me a break.

So now, my kids don't have the 360 to play and entertain themselves over Christmas vacation. They better give me a 1 year Live membership for free for this!

0 comments: