Friday, December 28, 2007

New Washer & Dryer

My mom's washer is nifty. Well, I haven't used it yet, but it sure looks cool! I just got back from Wal-Mart, we had to buy new laundry detergent because it's an HE front loading washer. That sucks, my mom just bought special laundry soap that costs $18/gal.

What's so special about High Efficiency (he) Washing Machines? Less water usage. Less detergent usage, therefore clothes last longer and less lint because your clothes aren't being eaten.

So I've yet to try the washer. Or the dryer. The user manuals they come with read like a Russian dictionary (meaning VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND). I can see why many people have a problem with front loading washers. You read the first page and it's like "eh, forget it. I can figure it out myself." Therefore, costly repairs and maintenance need to be done on the machine. RTFM people. RTFM. (Read The Freakin' Manual). I'm struggling through it, because my brother paid big bucks for this and got an extended warranty and everything. My mom is technophobic so that leaves learning the new laundry system up to yours truly.

Tomorrow I'll finish reading the manual and give it a shot. Wish me luck!

0 comments: