Monday, January 7, 2008

Armageddon and Food Storage - Home for sale

You know, I'm not one of those people that always have something profound to say. In fact, I'm probably the least profound person you will ever meet. Sometimes I wish I was more like my father. He was great at enlightening someone with what he said.

My mom has decided to go to grief counseling. I say it's past due. She's got 10 days to get it done or she'll have to pay for it herself. She needs to find a way to cope, deal with her feelings and find her independence.

They have lived in this house for almost 30 years. I spent most of my childhood here, and it's really the only home I can remember. She's contemplating selling it. I think it's a good choice. There are some adult communities close, and she could get a ground floor condo. I just wish the housing market was better for her. She's got a custom built candy shop in the basement. Commercial sink, gas burner (for a big copper kettle), a cream beater, an electric range, a hand sink, and custom cabinetry that holds her stock in finished chocolates. She's also got a brand new cash register. I believe she could get about $250k for the house. The basement is fully finished, separate entry for the shop, and an extra kitchen downstairs - also full of custom cabinets. There is no range, only a fridge and a sink. There is an enormous built in food storage pantry that is walk in. It's great. A large family room downstairs with a brick wall meant for a pellet stove and/or gas fireplace. They never got that installed. Three bedrooms. Three bathrooms. One bedroom has a custom built organizer in the closet (they used that room as an office).

So, if you or anyone you know of is looking to buy a house for a small family that has any type of cooking hobbies and hoards food storage for Armageddon, this is the place! Carpet allowance included - carpet is old and worn, it was installed nearly 20 years ago. Agents welcome.

0 comments: