Monday, January 7, 2008

Sunday struggles

Well, today was my first Sunday of the New Year. My bishop called me to the primary. I was suprised, he knew I was a smoker but he also knows I'm struggling with it and trying to quit. He understands and that gives me hope. The fact that I'm not judged for my struggles from a previous life makes me really feel like I can be a primary teacher, and can be a good example to kids. Maybe this is what I need to quit - being a teacher and a role model.

My room is a mess, I went through my storage unit over the weekend to get my church bag - that had all my previous primary saved lessons in it, hoping to save myself some time from lessons that are already prepared. A lot of old church stuff in that backpack, and it was beaten from use and heavy books, scriptures and every other thing I would carry in it. So I went and picked up a new backpack. I've loaded nearly the same stuff in it, but the construction on the new one seems to be better. I think it will hold up longer than the first one. Only time will tell.

I blew my diet this weekend. I had an incurable sweet tooth, and it made me sad. We all know that sugar creates hunger - and that's exactly what it did. I had an incurable sweet tooth and it took me until today to figure out the more I eat the more I want. ACK! Not good. So I'm going back to plan tomorrow.

It's late. I just got finished with the emails I do for work. 211 emails to start off with, 1/2 junk the rest had to be answered. I got about 2/3 of the way done. There were just way too many.

The road conditions are supposed to be crappy tomorrow morning, so I'm headed to bed since I need to plan on an extra 1/2 hour because of traffic and the slickness of the road.

0 comments: