Friday, January 11, 2008

Micro$oft sucks Round II

Well, the XBOX came back today, sans power brick and cord. When I sent it back the third time they told me to include the power brick and cord. I am excited to see the box on my bed when I get home, start yanking it out, get all the connector cables and the controller and hike out to the living room. Went back to get the controller, came back to the TV and was beginning to hook it up... when I saw I didn't have power. Went back to look in the box, and it wasn't there. I was so ticked off, I called Micro$oft. Another two hours on the phone, and my insistence they send the power brick overnight. They wouldn't do it. I've had it. I'm tired of outsourced out-of-country support (you know where I'm talking about) where they don't know what customer service is or how to even talk to people. No wonder Bill Gates is ready to retire, Micro$oft has outsourced all their support to English-as-a-second-language countries to make more of a profit. I don't get it.

I noticed the serial number. They sent me a different box. So whether it works or not, who knows. It is 6 months newer than the one I sent in. But I won't be able to test it until that stupid power brick comes that they say is going to take two weeks for me to get. Unacceptable, but what other choice do I have? Put an ax through the machine and send it back?

Typical Micro$oft, you know? And just so you know, don't plan on ever getting a refund if you have a monthly membership to XBOX Live. Just because your box is in the shop they still expect you to use your service. Go figure.

Does anybody know if you still retain your gamertag when you cancel, or do you have to get another one? I'd love to get another one, to be honest. The ex came up with the one we have, and I have the Live membership. All I need is yet another reminder of what he did to his family.

I'm so ready for the divorce, it's not even funny.

0 comments: