Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What to do with a four-day weekend?

I've been trying for 3 days to play World of Warcraft. I went through storage the other day when the ex was here, and found some computer games that weren't in my CD binder. So I thought I'd play something new, since I don't have an XBOX!

I ran the game I had installed, and had to do a handful of updates. Understandable, it's probably been a year since I played and I didn't even expect them to save my character after all this time. However, this wasn't enough. I went to try and sign in, and it kept going. I fell asleep before it finished. So yesterday I tried again, and finally got to the point it would let me login, but I forgot to reset my account and get the billing turned on. I went to the website and found out I could get a free 10-day trial to the Burning Crusade addon - so I said, OK. I've already spent the last two days downloading updates so I could play, what's another few hours. Again, I fell asleep waiting.

Fast forward to today, and I finally got everything downloaded. Finally got all the updates working with each other and can sign in. My character is still there! Wow, I'm actually happy, even though I don't remember a thing about this game. Oh well, I've still got 6 hours or so to find out!

0 comments: