Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The First REAL DAY of Weight Watchers....

I really didn't do that badly. I'm actually quite happy about it. I picked the FLEX plan, the one with the points. I feel it gives me a system I can understand, and it gives me the chance to retrain my thinking about what I eat. I love the WWOnline program, and entering everything I eat. It makes a daily food journal EASY as PIE. Speaking of pie, I had lots and lots of food today, didn't go hungry, and still had 9.5 points left at the end of the day.

I love the fact that broccoli and green salad is free, and my favorite dressing is free, and I can have what I want. Though I don't like a lot of dressing, it's nice to be able to have ranch dressing on a salad without visually seeing the pounds heading toward my mouth.

I know this is going to work. I enjoyed today, I had fun with my food (without playing with it) and I feel anxious to start tomorrow. A few more days of this and maybe I'll even hit the gym! The ex is paying for a couple's membership, but we live 160 miles apart. To cancel our membership, it's a $400 buyout. So he hasn't done it yet. May as well use it, huh?

Today was the first day back to work after the holiday. Boy could I tell. It had Monday written all over it, and we were very busy.

On the way home from work, I decided to stop off at Fashion Bug (it's cheaper than Torrid and actually on my way) to see if I could get some pants. I'm losing weight, I've lost a pant size even with the holidays... so I don't want anything expensive or loose fitting. They have to look good even when tight, because they will have to travel with me as I lose several pant sizes. I hate shopping alone, I can't ever figure out what looks good on me. I can guess, but that's all it is - a guess. I hate taking the kids with me when I shop, they are monsters. So consequently I bought 7 pairs of pants and a pair of shoes to bring home and get a 2nd opinion. To make a long story short, all but the shoes and one pair of pants are going back. I swear I had 20 pair off the rack - and I think my maybe's and no's got confused because I brought pants home I didn't want, and was missing the pants I DID want. So I'm going back tomorrow to take the other 6 pair back and get a pair of brown pants that I tried on today and somehow just didn't buy.

0 comments: